Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pre-departure!

I'll start off by asking you to excuse my gratuitous usage of exclamation points. I'm just really excited!

So, about one week and 10 hours from now, I will be departing from Logan airport in Boston to begin my summer adventures in Japan!

To summarize for those who may not have been following my life (I know, the world only rotates around me part of the time, sometimes it has to rotate around the sun to keep the climate in good shape) I will be studying Japanese in Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan (!!!) this summer from June 10th - August 7th. (I know, the url of my blog is JuneJulyJAPAN, but August ruined the alliteration. Besides, there's only one week of August that I'm there!)

This blog (hopefully) will be somewhat regularly updated with pictures and reports of my escapades and adventures for family and friends following at home.

I'll should give you with an idea of where I'm going--Hokkaido is the northernmost island of Japan, and is at the same latitude as Massachusetts, only on the other side of the world. obviously. :)
See that little protrusion that looks like an axon ending in a neuromuscular junction with the rest of Japan? ...ok, maybe not the best imagery, but it's the first thing I think of. It's the southwest protrusion that looks like a snake with its mouth open ready to munch on the rest of Japan. I'll be in the mouth, on the right.

If you found that nebulous or obfuscated, just google map Hakodate, Japan and then zoom out. My explanations can be lackluster late at night.

Until next time, enjoy this tiny map!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers