Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Travel Tomorrow!

My stuff for all 8 weeks of my trip has been officially stuffed into one large suitcase. Naturally, the convergence of said stuff and the suitcase only happened earlier today. Nothing like summer to bring out the procrastination in me.

So I figure if I'm getting up at 3:30 AM tomorrow morning, it really won't matter if I stay up another 10 minutes to post on the blog. This is based on my assumption (likely erroneous) that the effects of sleep deprivation plateau at a certain point.

Anyway, there are officially 27 hours until I land in Tokyo. Most of which will be spent in transit. An tedious 13 hours will be on a plane from Toronto to Tokyo. Since I will not be able to access the internet at that time, here's a simulated post from the flight:

"Wow this is long.... *snooze* ... *reads book*... *watches movie* ... *begins people watching other passengers* .... *snooze* ... I can't sleep anymore... I am so bored... Still bored... I'm suffocating under a blanket of boredom... must get off plane soon... *eyes the emergency exits, realizes she does not have a parachute, pounds head on back of seat in front of her, gets snapped at by passenger* ... GET ME OFF THIS PLANE! *pulls at hair* ... Oh, we're here."

Yep, it's going to be a fun time...

2 comments:

  1. Having done the Pacific leg before, your flight simulation is pretty much spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny....Sal (Kickboxing)

    ReplyDelete

Followers