Friday, June 11, 2010

Hakodate, Hokkaido

We flew to Hakodate today. The weather is slightly cool and gorgeous. It isn’t quite as hectic as Tokyo, which is nice.

What was not so nice, however, was that we had to take the first part of our placement exams as soon as we got to the hotel. :( I’m still pretty jet-lagged so I was exhausted and not so ready to focus. After that they welcomed us and gave us a brief orientation.

My hotel roommate and I walked around a bit with some other HIF students, and we went to dinner at a ramen shop. The sun was setting as we walked back.


Hakodate is right on the water and is known for its fishing industry. Right down the street from the hotel is a large area that is the morning fish market. I can’t wait to eat the sushi here.

I’m writing this on Microsoft word right now (Thursday night, early Thursday morning for those of you in the States) since the hotel room doesn’t have internet. Tomorrow when we get to the HIF building there should be internet available to use. That’s where all my classes are, so even if my host family doesn’t have internet, I should be able to keep this updated. :)


HIF Building, Friday Morning (Thursday night for those at home)

I don't feel nearly so jet-lagged today. Yesterday was rough though. (I just read an e-mail from my Dad where he predicted that exactly.)

I'm finally at the HIF building where I will be taking my classes this summer. I have to take a 15 minute oral check this morning, which is in a few minutes, so I'll just post the pictures of my view for now. :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica, I hope the jet lag settles out soon. I always hated test taking when fatigued, (it is hard to concentrate) but I'm sure you did well. Beautiful sunset photos. What is pictured on the horrizon...fishing vessels orrigs of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're related to the fishing--I haven't checked them out yet. Hopefully I'll get the chance soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers