Monday, June 14, 2010

First Day of Classes

So today was my first day of classes--can I just tell you how much I hate those, wherever they are? Your sensei/professor tells you in a few minutes everything that you are going to do for many weeks to come, and stress crashes down upon you like a rogue meteor on a planet with a whole lot of gravity. (Well, that's the case with me, anyway. Luckily I get over it soon enough, but those first couple minutes in the class I tend toward panic.)

Anyway, my host father borrowed my camera's SD card today to print out the pictures of the family and me from yesterday, so no new pictures today. But lucky enough for you I have one from Friday to share!


I sniped this at the park by HIF at about lunch time. If you look closely, you'll see that all the truck drivers and are napping there in the shade. This reminded me of something my first year roommate from Vietnam told me about. Apparently in Vietnam, everybody naps after lunch, no exceptions. Her father's business office had a special room set aside for that purpose. It looks like the same midday nap tendency may be here in Japan too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers