Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tokyo!

I arrived in Tokyo yesterday at 3:00. I was so tired, but it's so cool to think I'm on the other side of the world!

And boy was it great to see land at the end of the plane ride:

After finding my way through Narita airport, which wasn't that bad, I found the HIF (my study program) counter and got my ticket for the limo bus to the hotel. So began my first experience riding on the left side of the highway. X)

I met a couple other HIF particpants on the bus and in the hotel, and then we went to dinner with one of the girl's Japanese friends.
We went to a restaurant/bar in Shinagawa train station. It was pretty inexpensive, but had good Japanese food. I decided to be adventurous and got this:
I forget the name, but it's rice with barley tea, seaweed on top, and a sour plum. I really liked the plum, and the rest was good too.
We then returned to the hotel, and before I crashed from being up for 27.5 hours, I took some pictures of Tokyo from the window. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great to know you will be eating well and are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 27.5 hours....oh my, had to put the .5, hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Followers